Which games would The Stadia Life community like to see launching on Stadia in 2021? No one asked, but let us tell you anyway.
My wishlist of games on Stadia for 2021 is made up of a good mixture (of course it's good). Some older, some recent and some completely new and not even released. Here goes.
- Cuphead - because who doesn't love couch co-op. Who?! Perhaps people with imaginary friends.
- Untitled Goose Game - goose. I need not say more.
- Fall Guys - it's a party royale. Just listen to that sub sub genre. Stadia is a party. It needs to be done! Fall 2021, called it.
- Hades - I just love Supergiant Games, and Hades. Bring on Transistor, Bastion and Pyre while we're at it.
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - twin-stick puzzle platformer at its very, very best. Gripping story too.
- Mørkredd - another twin-stick (or co-op) puzzle game. Mechanics based on lights and shadows.
- Unravel and Unravel 2 - real neat visuals and gameplay. From Sweden with yarn!
- Child of Light - great turn based game with an adorable story.
- Shovel Knight - great platform adventure Metroidvania.
- Hollow Knight - another awesome platform adventure Metroidvania.
- Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps - and one more superb platform adventure Metroidvania.
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition - space. RPG. Done.
- Battlefield - a good first person shooter series. Unlike the other ones.
- Diablo IV - unless you live under a rock, you've heard of this.
- Hogwarts Legacy - that slightly hyped Harry Potter inspired game about wizardry wizardrous wonders.
- Shadow Warrior 1, Shadow Warrior 2, and especially Shadow Warrior 3 - first person shooter, ninja style.
- Twin Mirror - DontNod has been knocking it out of the park lately with their unique brand of story-focused adventure games. 2020 saw the release of the serialized (and fantastic) Tell Me Why, and Twin Mirror more recently in December. I mainly want to see Twin Mirror on Stadia because anything from DontNod on Stadia would be amazing.
- Final Fantasy 6 - Come on. Just do it already. It's on everything else already, even Android. Just please for the love of Kefka give us the version with the original sprites.
- Half-Life Alyx - Did you know there's an unofficial mod that turns Half-Life Alyx into a non-VR game? It's true, it exists. Soooo…. Alyx on Stadia when?
This is my wishlist of games I would love to see on Stadia. Like you can see, I love games made by Square Enix!
- Final Fantasy XIV - One of my favorite games of all time, played more than 4 years. It will be my dream to see it on Stadia!
- Dragon Quest Builder 2
I am a simple man, with simple wishes. Nothing too extravagant here and mostly older games that should be easy to port over… Below you will see my list of
demands wishes for 2021:
- NieR: Automata (potato potata) - Best game of all time (don’t @ me) and should be available to all.
- NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… - Precursor to best game of all time (see previous entry).
- Diablo III - Would be great to be able to play on the TV and would give me an excuse to play the expansions.
- Diablo IV - Well, if we’re gonna have 3, we need 4!
- Final Fantasy I - The one that started it all!
- Final Fantasy II - The one that started the franchise!
- Final Fantasy III - The one that improved the formula!
- Final Fantasy IV - The one that broke the mold!
- Final Fantasy IV: The After Years - The sequel to the one above!
- Final Fantasy V - The one that perfected the job system!
- Final Fantasy VI - The one that perfected story driven gameplay!
- Final Fantasy VII - The one that brought it to the masses!
- Final Fantasy VII Remake - The hero we all needed!
- Final Fantasy VIII - The weird middle child!
- Final Fantasy IX - Pure perfection (totally not biased)!
- Final Fantasy IX - Yes, it’s on here twice for reasons!
- Final Fantasy X - The generational jump!
- Final Fantasy X-2 - It was actually pretty good! Don’t @ me!
- *Intentional gap* - Nothing need to be said.
- Final Fantasy XIV - ESO has proven that an MMO can be done, now we just need a good one!
- Final Fantasy XVI - I need this in my life!
- Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter RPG?! That has a darker feel and modern gameplay? Shut up and take my money!
- Among Us - Bring space deception to the masses! (cim is sus! cim: no, birb vent)
Though, a man can dream. Below are my never gonna happen (but one can hope) wishes:
- Star Citizen - I have totally NOT spent too much money on this game! YOU CAN’T PROVE ANYTHING!
- Insomniacs Spider-Man - A masterpiece in every sense! From gameplay feel to outstanding character and story.
- Spider-Man: Mile Morales - A great follow-up to the above with tight gameplay, just lacking a little in story.
- Star Wars: 1313 - Why?!? WHY?! It was what everyone always wanted!
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight 3 - RIP Kyle Katarn! Taken from us too soon!
- chrome://dino - You what, mate?
Most of the older games I would’ve wished on Stadia are currently all on there, (I’m a huge Ubisoft fan) but obviously there are games I’d love to see.
- Death Stranding
- Sea of Thieves
- Planet Coaster - I LOVE Planet Coaster, I’m a huge fan of these kind of games.
- Planet Zoo - same as Planet Coaster, I enjoy these games a lot.
- Cities: Skylines - My PC can handle this game, but my phone can’t, and I need this on my phone.
- Minecraft - we need Minecraft, period.
- Fallout 76 - I know this one isn’t particularly popular, but I love it.
- Fallout 4 - I’d replay this 100%, even though I have about 1500 hours in it already.
- The Witcher 3 - plzz CDPR, after Cyberpunk was a success on Stadia, please give us The Witcher.
- GTA V - Its never bad to have GTA V on Stadia.
- Subnautica - that open world survival game underwater.
- Call of Duty - I’m personally not a fan of CoD, but a lot of people are.
- Rainbow Six Siege - this is still one of my most played games, I’d love to see it come to Stadia.
- Dying Light, and Dying Light 2 - I have enjoyed DL a lot and I’d love to see it coming to Stadia together with the sequel.
- SKYRIM - “FUS RO DAH” is all I need to say.
- Metal Gear Solid - preferably all, but otherwise at least MGS 5.
- No Man’s Sky - its a perfect fit for Stadia, please understand this Hello Games.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 - my most played game on Steam, trukin’ is awesome, we need it on Stadia.
- American Truck Simulator - same as Euro Truck, truckin’ is awesome.
We (and Stadia) would be eternally happy if you could take the time to reach out to publishers and developers of the games you'd like to see on Stadia and ask them to support the platform by launching their games on it.
Here's to another great year with Stadia! Let it be filled with whatever games Google has in store for us.
Any games you'd like to have on Stadia this year? Drop a comment below.
No comments yet! Why not be the first?
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment.