Ok, so my last guide was quite frankly, amazing! A magnum opus of guide writing if you will. Today I will not try to top it but will instead settle for the mediocrity that can only follow such a guide. So, with that foreword over, today I will be taking you through how to export your save data from Google Stadia. Before we begin, it’s worth pointing out that I also have a video guide that can be found using the below link:
- Step 1 – Navigate to https://takeout.google.com/
- Step 2 – Hit the “Deselect all” button.
- Step 3 – Scroll down until you find the Stadia option and tick the box.
- Step 4 – Select “Next step” at the bottom of the page.
- Step 5 – Ensure “Export once” is selected to do a one-off export.
- Step 6 – Hit “Create export”.
- Step 7 – You’ll get an e-mail from Google when your file is ready to download. If you’ve only selected Stadia then this is normally fairly quick but does depend on how much data you have.
- Step 8 – Download your export as a zip file.
- Step 9 – You will find your save data in “.\Takeout\Stadia\GAMING\GAME_SAVE\” with each save being in an individual zip file.
- Bonus – Once you have downloaded your save data, many games such as Cyberpunk 2077 would allow you to import that data into the PC versions of the game! Just copy the file into the default saves location for your game (example shown in video).
I hope that you found this guide useful, and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me on The Stadia Life’s discord!
No comments yet! Why not be the first?
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment.