A new patch has dropped this morning for The Elder Scrolls Online players on both PC and Stadia.
This one brings in a whole swath of new content, in addition to bug fixes. Most notable though, is the addition of 4K and HDR to Stadia! We’ve been waiting for this for quite awhile, so it’s awesome to see it finally show up. Please keep in mind that in able to see 4K resolution you’ll need an active Pro subscription and a monitor capable of 4K.
My personal highlight from these patch notes though, is this line “Fixed an issue where you could be kicked to the login screen and unable to log in after joining a group.” This bug has been plaguing Stadia players since launch day, causing players to immediately crash to the login screen after joining a group of PC players running certain group-centric mods. We haven’t tested this fix for ourselves yet, but it does appear that this patch fixes the issue.
Check out the full Stadia section of the patch notes below, and see the entire list of changes on the TESO forums here. Happy gaming!
- Enabled the High Dynamic Range (HDR) setting for Stadia! This can be enabled or disabled from the Stadia app settings. Click here for exact instructions.
- Please note some scenes with darker areas may display a stronger blue tint while HDR is enabled.
- Native 4K resolution is now available.
- First time players on Chromecast will need to first create a new ESO account or link an existing ESO account here.
- Updated the Controls Menu to use icons for gamepad bindings.
- Fixed an issue that prevented you from changing gamepad keybinds from the controls menu while automatic input switching was enabled.
- Updated some error and disclaimer text.
- Fixed an issue where you could be kicked to the login screen and unable to log in after joining a group.
- Updated an error message to include Stadia when attempting to log into ESO with a platform-specific account from outside that platform.
- The game will now swap to Keyboard Mode if a keyboard input is received while in Gamepad Mode.
- Fixed an issue where you were unable to mount or open your map if using the PS4 DualShock Touchpad.
- Fixed several issues where some game settings failed to save.
- Fixed an issue where you could not be invited to a group unless both players were friends in-game.
- Fixed an issue where players invited to a group who were already in a group did not receive any error message. Inviting players will now also receive an error message.
“Native 4K resolution is now available.”
So good! I’m happy to see these quality improvements dropping on Stadia. 😊
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment.